Thursday, January 29, 2009

How far are you willing to go?

Last night at church, one of our elders, Mark Hanstein gave the 90 seconds of power. It moved me and shook my inner foundation. It helped me better understand the role each and every Christian plays in the overall role of Christ's church. Here, then is the illustration Mr. Hanstein presented.


In his first inaugural address, President Ronald Reagan spoke of Martin Treptow who was killed in battle during World War I, while trying to carry a message between battalions under heavy artillery fire. On his body was found a diary. On the flyleaf, under the heading, My Pledge, Treptow had written these words: "America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure,
I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle
depended on me alone."

Christians have to recognize that it is our responsibility to combat Satan at every corner, not with violent speech or anger. We cannot hate, must not be silent, and cannot compromise the truth for popularity points. Our duty is to treat the entire matter of saving the lost as if it all depended on each of us individually and as a body. So will you fight, will you work, will you sacrifice, or will you simply sit on the sidelines?

Keep The Faith


No comments: