Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thoughts from the past, lesson for the future

As I sit here at my desk I know that in a few hours our country will pick the next president. I've cast my vote i've prayed my prayers and all I can do is wait. Polls show the man I support is behind and he will probably lose, yet through all which might come, gay marriage, the repeal of partial birth abortion, and a whole host of things that could hinder my rights as a Christian, i'm strangely comfortable with it. Not to say that I support what might come down the legislative pike, but i have this promise. This promise from a man who hung on a cross and died for my sins. In him I have all spiritual blessings, I have no condemnation and I have forgiveness of sins. His name is Jesus Christ. He is the Son of God, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Great I Am. It is in him that I have the promise of eternal life if I live by the commandments he has given me. The great thing about this promise is that no natural disaster can shake it's foundation, no war can destroy it, public opinion cant alter it, congress cant abolish it and the president can't veto it. It is this promise which I clinge to when the sun is shining or when the storm clouds roll in. Some say that if Obama is elected Christianity is dead. Well i respectfully disagree. Obama does not change who Christ is, what Christ did, and the promise I have in him. He does not change Jesus Christ. It is through this name that we have the ability to live no just and earthly life but an eternal life, free from saddeness and pain....Jesus Christ....there is just something about that nameRomans 8:31-37

No comments: